10 Fun Ideas for St. Patrick's Day
Image Credit: eParenting
The 17th of March is the day that Ireland celebrates being Irish! Here are 10 ideas for fun ways to celebrate Ireland's national day, St. Patrick's Day.
- Green is the colour! Wear Green top-to-toe of course.
Image Credit: Gyom Seguin
- Eat green foods (‘you gotta eat broccoli, it’s St. Patrick’s Day’) - well it has to be worth a try!). Or maybe try these “Irish” Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Image Credit: pachd
- Try out some traditional Irish recipes at Ireland's Eye.
- Listen to some Irish Music – The Dubliners, Clannad, U2, The Pogues, Thin Lizzy, Boyzone, Westlife or Enya whatever your taste!
Find Irish music at Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com
- Join Genes Reunited to trace your family tree and find out whether you have any Irish Ancestry.
- Find out how to make a Rainbow at www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Rainbow, then check for a crock of gold!
Image Credit: Annie Spratt
- Try our St. Patrick’s Day Colouring Pictures or a St. Patrick's Day Puzzle.
- Join a St Patrick's Day Festival or Parade in Dublin, London, Birmingham, Coatbridge, Glasgow, Manchester or Chicago amongst others.
- St. Patrick famously drove the snakes out of Ireland, so why not celebrate with a game of Snakes and Ladders?
- Keep your eyes open for Leprechauns!
Image Credit: Chris Chidsey
Find out some more about St. Patrick and why we celebrate him on 17th March. .
About The Author: Jacqui O'Brien is the editor of eParenting.