UK Mother and Baby Free Stuff 2023
Image Credit: Profile
Having a baby is exciting, but it can be CRAZY expensive too. You need to buy nappies and clothing, bedding, pushchairs, carseats. Oh my!
Fortunately there are lots of baby freebies that both expectant mums and for new babies in the UK can get.
If you are pregnant you can get freebies of everything from samples of nappies and baby milk and to helpful planners, vital information for your pregnancy, birth and baby care right up to and your baby's development up to one year and beyond.
Here are all our favourite free baby stuff, including free baby samples, and pregnancy freebies for Mum.
Plus there are lots of money off vouchers for mums-to-be so that you can get discounts on everything you need for baby.
Baby Freebies & Free Stuff For Pregnant Mums
- Bounty offer free packs which you can pick up at your favourite shops, like Tesco, Asda, Boots or Superdrug. Just download their app and follow the instructions. After baby is born you can get a newborn pack on your maternity ward.
- Create an Amazon Baby Wishlist to get a free gift when you spend £20 with your Baby Wishlist. At time of writing there is a choice of gifts which includes a pack of WaterWipes baby wipes, a nappy bin, a baby bottle set, Neal's Yard Baby Balm or a Fisher Price Laugh and Learn toy. Plus you can save between 10% and 15% on nappies when you sign up to Amazon's Subscribe and Save service.
- You can also claim a free Your Baby Club Box from Amazon UK when you spend £20 on baby essentials.
- Emma's Diary also have a bag of free stuff for pregnant women. Typical freebies include useful samples of nappies, gentle washing powder and other things you will need to your new baby as well as money off vouchers from Argos.
- Boots Parenting Club You need to have a Boots Advantage card to join up, then club members get extra Advantage points, a magazine packed with parenting advice, free gifts and special offers. At time of writing, they are offering a free Aveeno Baby Daily Care Hair & Bodywash 500ml when you sign up.
- Parentclub is a Scotland based website who are offering every baby born in Scotland a free baby box packed full of clothes, bedding and lots of other useful things to help give your baby the best possible start in life. The box can be used as a bed for a newborn baby too. Apply through your midwife.
- C&G Baby Club is run by baby milk and baby food manufacturer Cow & Gate. Mums-to-be can sign up for freebies which include advice, support, money-off vouchers, and the latest info on Cow & Gate products.
FREE LEGO Life Magazine Perfect for kids aged 5-9, this printed magazine is sent directly to your home four times a year - completely free of charge. Sign up NOW!
- Your Baby Club offer a free parenting e-Book called Your Baby Bible: The ULTIMATE Guide to Having a Baby, as well as money-off vouchers, free samples, discounts and competitions. You can choose to use only offers that work for you.
- If you travel by train regularly while you are pregnant, you will want to be sure that you can get a seat. Several rail operators offer free
"Baby On Board" badges for pregnant mums to wear, to make asking for a seat a little easier. Also remember where priority seats are available, being pregnant is one of the criteria for using one of these seats.
- Do you travel on C2C trains? If you live in the South East of England and travel by train you can get a free Baby on Board badge! It makes asking for a seat much easier when you need to rest during pregnancy.
- If you live in the Transport for London area they also offer their own 'baby on board' badge to pregnant mums.
- Southeastern also offer a badge, and a Priority Seating Card to show when requesting a priority seat.
- South Western Railway also offer a Baby on Board badge and a Mum-to-Be pack.
- Ella's Kitchen, makers of tasty baby food are offering a free weaning pack when you join their Ella's Friends club, along with regular offers, tips and competitions.
- Pampers are offering a free sample pack of Night Nappy Pants, designed to ensure a good night's sleep for all the family with no leaks!
- Huggies are also offering a free sample of their Drynites Pyjama Pants for older children.
- Aldi are offering a free pack of 24 of their Mamia Size 1 newborn nappies via Netmums.
- If you love a good old-fashioned paper catalogue, visit Catalink to sign up for catalogues for stylish kids clothing, toys and nursery furniture.
- St. John's Ambulance are offering a free baby first aid guide which is a pocket sized guide that gives you essential baby first aid advice. (Hint. Read it before baby arrives, so that you already know what to do, rather than having to read it while you are panicking.)
- Stay organised all through your pregnancy with our Free Pregnancy Printables including a birth plan, hospital bag checklist and new baby shopping list.
Get 20% off your first order of baby bottles, feeding and weaning products, cups, baby baths and more at Nuby UK when you join the Nuby Baby Club. Plus you will recieve all the latest hints & tips, special offers and discounts on their range.
Free Things That UK Mums May Also Be Entitled To
If you are an expectant Mum you also may be able to claim
- Free Prescritions and Dental care. You will need to get a form from your doctor or midwife to apply for this. This is not a means-tested benefit so every pregnant person is entitled to it.
- If you are working you may be able to claim Statutory Maternity Pay
- If you are not entitled to Statuatory Maternity Pay you may be entitled to Maternity Allowance, if for example you have recently stopped work, are self-employed or do some types of unpaid work.
- If you are on certain benefits you may be entitled to free milk, infant formula, vitamins, fruit and vegetables from Healthy Start.
- Also if you are receiving certain benefits you may be able to claim a Sure Start Maternity Grant to help you buy things that you need for baby.
- If you want to try out reusuable nappies, many councils offer the chance to try before you buy. Check if your local council has this offer by googloing or by finding your local council website here.
I hope this list has been useful!
Do you know of any more free stuff for pregnant women that we could add to this list? Let us know!
If you want to be a better parent, here are 15 free parenting courses and resources that you can find online.
More Useful Information for Mums To Be
Here's what's new on eParenting